horse panel 3

What is Eponaquest?

Horses are breaking out of their roles as beasts of burden, and finding a renewed purpose. Since they are no longer required to work in our fields and carry us to war, they are doing something more important: helping us find our heart. Founded in 1997 by author, lecturer and horse trainer Linda Kohanov, Epona Equestrian Services has received international attention for horse training and breeding innovations, as well as educational programs that employ horses in teaching people leadership, assertiveness, personal empowerment, relationship, intuition and emotional fitness (understanding the message behind the emotion) skills. 

Amateur and professional equestrians, families, counselors, artists, educators, and business leaders travel from around the world to attend workshops and private sessions with an Eponaquest herd.

Topper Epona

Whether you are interested in horses or human development, or both, the Eponaquest Approach allows you to experience what it means to truly thrive in life, offering you tools that open other worlds of creativity, insight, and empowerment, expanding your vision, helping you reconnect to nature, the herd and the community. At Old Stone Farm you will find a variety of EFL sessions and in-depth workshops for equestrian and non-equestrian guests.

What role do horses play?

Did you know that only 10 percent of human communication is verbal? Robert K. Cooper wrote the book, “The other 90%”, where he documents we receive 90% more information through our heart than we do the mind. Our logical thinking and verbal skills only represent 10% of our true capabilities. In other words, your mind tells you what to do from a very limited perspective based on what you have experienced in the past and from wanting to play it safe. All your fears, doubts and concerns originate from the minds perspective. Whereas your heart is connected to an expansive, joyful energy and offers solutions, guiding you in what steps to take in every situation. This is your connection to your authentic self, or your soul.


How can we learn to connect to our heart and see the doubts and fears for what they truly are? With horses. Research has shown that horses have the natural ability to mirror human emotions the moment they occur. We project, they mirror what we project. This allows us to immediately see what we are doing and respond in an appropriate manner.

Horses have always lived from the heart and with their guidance we can do the same. If we interact with a horse with our old patterns of living in fear, doubt, and worry, a horse will appear not to cooperate. However, when we try a new way of engaging solely from the heart, the horse will respond the way we ask them to. In effect, horses train us how to live from the heart. By having this knowledge we can then improve communication with our colleagues, loved ones, ourselves and horses and focus on what truly matters to each of us. The horse, having no agenda, provides amazing space and guidance for this.